This episode of our Space Cowboys podcast brings you an exclusive interview for our Fierce Females series. We had the pleasure of chatting with the founders of ATX Television Festival, Caitlin McFarland and Emily Gipson before the live screening of The CW Network’s new show, Roswell, New Mexico, in Austin, TX, at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
ATX Television Festival is a four-day event that celebrates the television medium: looking back at its history, where it is now, and where it’s headed. The festival consists of panels, screenings, and events where attendees and leaders in the TV industry talk, watch, and experience television together as one community (ATX).
The festival is more than a weekend of panels with fans and celebs geeking out, it’s a television experience. It’s one of those festivals that following a panel of one of your favorite TV series, you can grab a drink with the show’s stars and creators after. It’s for TV fans, writers, directors, producers, and those that want to immerse themselves more in the industry. Overall, it’s TV Camp that doesn’t judge you for your love of binging the small screen.
Tune in as Meg and I chat with Caitlin and Emily about:
- Why TV is the most community-driven medium, and how social media has helped elevate those communities
- Their thoughts on how the industry scales the demand for content while maintaining value and quality
- How mediums like Facebook Watch, YouTube TV, Netflix, and disruptors alike are changing the game
- Favorite female-led projects
- Which TV series they are most upset was cancelled
- BONUS: Roswell, New Mexico showrunner Carina MacKenzie crashes the podcast to say hi!
- And more! Cheers to amazing women doing amazing things.
Want more podcast fun? Tune into ATX Festival’s podcast, TV Campfire.
Their latest podcast episode brings all the girl power with a recording from the 2018 ATX Festival Panel, Women Who Defy, presented by SYFY WIRE’s Fangrrls, featuring Emily Andras (Wynonna Earp), Sera Gamble (The Magicians), Carina MacKenzie (Roswell, New Mexico), and Maddie Hasson (Impulse).
Head to the ATX Festival:
Purchase your 4-Day Festival Badge, plus details on ATX Festival’s special Badge-Only perks like their Fast Pass System.
Featured image: ATX