‘A Podcast Remembers’ Episode 4: The history of the First Men and The Children
This podcast is hosted by Eric and Liz Prugh. The two are married and use drinking wine and talking about Game of Thrones as their date night. Because of the TV series’ insanely long hiatus, the pair look back at some of the most intricate storylines, characters, and myths in the world of Westeros. Tune in as this geeky couple breaks down the mythologies and theories surrounding George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones series.
A Podcast Remembers is back! Fresh off of a new teaser promo released by HBO revealing the Game of Thrones season 8 premiere date as April 14, 2019, we decided to dive into history that influences the final season. In our newest episode, we dive into the history behind the First Men, one of three major ethic groups in Westeros that our beloved Stark family descends from, and their thousands-year war with The Children.
In this podcast, we break down the following about the First Men and The Children:
- Their 2,000-year war with The Children;
- The Pact between the First Men and The Children;
- How the First Men influenced the creation of the White Walkers;
- How The Children could still be the demise of The White Walkers;
- Characteristics and the culture of the First Men, plus other cultures they and The Children influenced (i.e., The Iron Islands);
- And of course, more expert theories.
Listen here for how the First Men and The Children’s ancient history will influence the final season of HBO’s Game of Thrones
Sources used for this episode:
Featured image: Game of Thrones