Pure Murders and Mysteries podcast, “Episode 2: 10 Jeffrey Dahmer Facts You Didn’t Already Know”
Jeffrey Dahmer—one of the most prolific serial killers of all times. Also known as the Milwaukee Monster, Dahmer was just that, a monster. He committed his first murder at the age of 18, and between 1978 to 1991, he murdered (officially) 17 men and boys in Wisconsin and Ohio. He was truly one of the most horrific humans to ever exist, partaking in acts of necrophilia, murder, dismemberment, and cannibalism.
Most people are aware of Dahmer’s crimes and his early predilection for sexual violence, but there is a lot that isn’t often covered when it comes to his story. We’re here to give you 10 Jeffrey Dahmer facts that you may not have ever heard before. All of them will give you more insight into his childhood, his murders, and the monster that he ultimately became.
Brad and Lindi discuss the following in “Episode 2: 10 Jeffrey Dahmer Facts You Didn’t Already Know”:
- A crash course in Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood and his murders
- Joyce Dahmer’s mental illness and whether that played a part in Jeffrey becoming a serial killer
- Dahmer’s time in the military and the torment of his roommate, Billy Capshaw
- Lionel Dahmer’s memoir (shop it: A Father’s Story)
- Dahmer’s behavior in prison and the inmate who murdered him
- Previewing our upcoming episode all about Brad’s wild Dahmer theory
The bulk of our research for this episode came from two great articles: 10 Little-Known Dahmer Facts by The Lineup and 15 Disturbing Facts About Jeffrey Dahmer’s Childhood by The Richest. This information was all fact-checked with other sources.
Read more about Dahmer’s childhood, murders, and capture on Biography.com.
Read more about the destruction of Dahmer’s personal property and funds raised for the families on The New York Times.