The Shannara Chronicles recap: Season 2, Episodes 9 & 10, “Wilderun” and “Blood” aired Nov. 22nd, 2017
It all comes down to this! In the two part season finale of The Shannara Chronicles we finally get to see how everything turns out!
Let’s talk about the 5 biggest shockers!
1. Eretria is taken over by the darkness As much as she tried to fight it, Eretria just couldn’t hold off the darkness any longer. The Warlock Lord takes over her mind while she is hiding out with Wil and Lyria. After knocking out Wil, she kidnaps Lyria and delivers her to the Warlock Lord. Come on Eretria, snap out of it!
2. The Warlock Lord kills Allanon This I was kind of expecting. For some reason I just went into the season knowing that Allanon probably wasn’t going to make it. After facing off with the Warlock Lord, Allanon is slaughtered right in front of Mareth and Wil. To be honest I’m not invested too much in Allanon or Mareth but nevertheless it was pretty heartbreaking to see.
3. Wil and Mareth defeat the Warlock Lord Right when it seems like all hope may be lost, Mareth is able to use her powers to get the Sword of Shannara to Wil at exactly the right moment. Despite being impaled by a giant sword through the stomach, Wil manages to kill the Warlock Lord once and for all.
4. Wil sacrifices himself to save the Four Lands The blood of the Shannara is the only way to reverse the poison that the Warlock Lord spread through the waters, so Wil gives his life (and his blood) to cleanse the water again. Not gonna lie, it was pretty annoying that we only got to see Mareth’s reaction to his death. After everything he’s been through with Eretria, it would of meant a lot more to at least see some sort of reaction from her. After the loss of Amberle I always believed that Wil and Eretria had the strongest connection on the show, whether it was romantic or not. I can’t help but feel a little cheated by how cheap his ending felt.
5. Wil’s still alive To be honest I was also expecting this. Losing Amberle was hard enough so I knew there was no way they’d get rid of Wil too. Mareth tells Eretria that she has this feeling that Wil’s still alive and that he’s out there somewhere. The scene flashes to Wil, waking up surrounded by bones and flying creatures in a place that looks exactly like how I’d picture the underworld. Well this is new…
Well that’s all for this season! What did you guys think? Let us know in the comments down below!
Featured Image via Spike