The Shannara Chronicles recap: Season 2, Episodes 7 & 8, “Warlock” and “Amberle” aired Nov. 15th, 2017
With only a few episodes left of the season, Shannara has definitely picked up its pace. These episodes were CRAZY and it looks like just about anything could happen at this point.
Let’s dive in!
1. Amberle appears to Eretria Okay I know it was only like 10 seconds but apparently it’s impossible for me to give up on Princess Rover. Amberle tells Eretria to get Wil and bring him to the Ellcrys with another spiel about the fate of the world. I’m just going to focus on the fact that Eretria immediately springs into action the second Amberle asks her to and less on the fact that Eretria didn’t get to go inside the Ellcrys with Wil.
2. Wil and Eretria unite When these two are on screen it feels like the season 1 days. Wil and Eretria have barely gotten any screen time together so the rare moments they do are extremely refreshing. The relationships between the original characters make me remember why I love this show so much in the first place.
3. Mareth is the next Druid Seeing the bond between Mareth and Allanon strengthen has definitely been fun to watch. After Allanon is poisoned by Brandon, Mareth puts her own life on the line to go in a magically induced coma to heal him. Turns out that Mareth is the next Allanon. Does this mean he’s passing the torch on to his daughter once and for all?
4. Wil faces Amberle (and the truth) So it turns out that sword that Wil broke was actually pretty important and the fate of the universe depended on it being it tact. Oops.
Amberle tells him that the only way to fix it is to face the truth. Despite still being in love with her, Wil accepts that what he shared with Amberle is his past, not his future. The Sword of Shannara becomes whole and Wil marches off to save the day once again.
5. The Warlock Lord kills Riga This guy just had it coming. I wasn’t Queen Tamlin’s biggest fan but I am a fan of Lyria, and killing her mom and her fiancee was just over the line. I can honestly said I whooped with joy when the Warlock Lord ended General Riga once and for all.
Featured Image Via Spike