The Pure Fandom Marvel Movies Podcast is hosted by Patrick Pochop and his co-host and sister, Liz Prugh. The two also host Pure Fandom’s Star Wars Theory Series Podcast. Join them as they relive each Avenger leading up to the new Marvel films! This week we discuss the Hulk movies.
In our first and second podcasts we discussed the evolution of Iron Man and what he brings to the table for The Avengers. In Part II we dove into Captain America and why he is truly the man to lead the superheroes into saving the world. In Part III, we tackle Hulk. In addition to breaking down his importance to The Avengers in the Marvel films, we discuss just why the Hulk movies didn’t do much justice to the character. Were the standalone films as bad as the review say? Our resounding answer is “yes.”
Join the discussion on why the Hulk movies fell short:
- Does Hulk even deserve his own film? Or, is his character best served as a sidekick in other Marvel films? We break down why the latter makes the most sense.
- Which Hulk in the standalone films was best: Edward Norton or Eric Bana?
- Why we think Mark Ruffalo may be the best onscreen Hulk.
- Why Hulk’s role in Thor: Ragnarok may be the character’s best film appearance yet.
- Why Logan didn’t include Planet Hulk like in the Old Man Logan comics.
- Bonus: Liz’s 8-week old baby/Pat’s niece makes a surprise appearance… who doesn’t love a good baby cry? We keep it real, guys.
Featured image: Nerdist/Marvel