The Shannara Chronicles season premiere recap: Season 2, Episode 1, “Druid” aired Oct. 11th, 2017
The wait may have been long but it was definitely worth it! A year and a half later The Shannara Chronicles has finally returned with it’s Season 2 premiere. A lot of things went down in this episode, so instead of our usual recap, let’s talk about 6 things that we LOVED about Shannara’s return.
1. Introduction of Mareth & Lyria: Both of these characters were an amazing addition to the show for a lot of different reasons. It’s always nice to get some more kickass females added into the mix and these two blew me away.
The actresses’ performances were amazing. Mareth is strong, whitty, and determined and there is absolutely no getting in her way. If she wants something, it’s clear that she won’t give up until she gets it.
Lyria is wholesome, honest, and genuine, and from what we’ve seen so far she will stick by your side no matter what the cost.
2. Wil as a healer: After everything Wil has been through it was nice to see him settling down and finally doing something he loves. It’s apparent that Wil has a natural gift when it comes to healing, but the aftermaths of losing both Amberle and Eretria has been effecting his mindset and his work. As much as he wants to stay out of it, it’s not long before Mareth gets Wil caught up in another quest to save the world.
3. Amberle’s (sort of) return: Poppy Drayton no longer being in the opening credits immediately made my hopes of a full tree-less return drop significantly, but I am not giving up. Although Amberle didn’t appear like we wanted her to, she did appear and to someone in particular. To Wil Amberle just appears as a hallucination he conjures up with his Elf Stones, but to Eretria…Amberle is very real.
4. Princess Rover: After being knocked off a bridge and into the water by a troll, Eretria wakes up only when she hears a voice calling to her. She opens her eyes, and is startled to see Amberle who is reaching out to her under the water. Amberle tells her that she needs to find Wil and that a new darkness is coming.
5. Eretria’s storyline: For the past year, Eretria has been under the impression that Wil never came looking for her and that he and Amberle are off living happily ever after. She has a whole new life with new people, and she has no idea that Amberle has turned into the Ellcrys and that Wil is grieving the loss of both of them. After some investigating, Eretria realizes that Wil had been searching for her for moths but Cogline prevented him from finding her. Listening to Amberle, Eretria leaves to go find Wil with Lyria by her side.
6. Eretria & Lyria’s relationship
These two are absolutely adorable and I’m so glad the show decided to create this ship. For so long Eretria has been abused, hurt, and alone, and now she finally has someone who loves her fully and completely. Lyria would go anywhere and do anything for Eretria which she proves by leaving everything behind to travel along with her.
So why did you guys love about Shannara’s return? Let us know in the comments down below!
Featured Image via Spike