Talking TV With Liz and Lindi: ‘Game of Thrones’ season 7 premiere, “Dragonstone”
Talking TV With Liz and Lindi podcast recap: Game of Thrones, Season 7, Episode 1, “Dragonstone”, Aired July 16, 2017
Game of Thrones is finally back, and season 7 did not disappoint. Executive producers D.B. Weiss and David Benioff were not joking when they said the show would be getting straight to the point. There were no filler scenes of any kind. From Arya’s utter destruction of the Frey family, to Daenerys’ outrageously long walk to the Dragonstone castle, every scene was impactful and important.
Discussed in this podcast:
- Euron’s outfit (seriously, you know you were thinking about it, too);
- What you missed in the Citadel scenes—including what critical information the OTHER page held that Sam was reading;
- What gift Euron could be talking about giving to Cersei;
- What comes next for The Hound after his Lord of Light revelation and that gut-wrenching scene;
- Who will end up killing Cersei;
- A parallel between Sansa and Cersei you may not have noticed;
- How Jorah could actually be healed (even with that nastiness growing on his arm);
- The long-awaited reunion the episode 2 promo hints;
- And more!
Want more Game of Thrones?
We think that The Mormonts knew about Jon’s true parentage (R+L=J) all along. Learn more in our original Mormont Theory.
Possible ‘Game of Thrones’ spinoff: The city of Braavos
This ‘Game of Thrones’ theory claims Jaime is the Prince That Was Promised—not Jon
Is Tyrion a Targaryen? These clues in early ‘Game of Thrones’ seasons may prove it
‘Game of Thrones’ Refresher: Who is the Lord of Light?
5 Ideas for HBO’s 4 possible ‘Game of Thrones’ spinoffs
5 mind-blowing ‘Game of Thrones’ theories that could happen in the final seasons
Comment your theories below, and tweet us your predictions @Pure_Fandom, @lizprugh, and @lindirsmith!
Sources referenced in this podcast:
(Featured image property HBO)