Star Wars Theory Series is hosted by PureFandom.com co-founder Liz Prugh and her brother Patrick Pochop (talking about Star Wars is one of the only ways she can get him to hang out with her). They frequently have their other two brothers, dad, and Liz’s husband and self-proclaimed Star Wars experts as guest hosts. They’re dedicated to putting a fun and comedic spin on each episode. New episodes are posted on Fridays, where they break down a new theory and news about the film franchise.
This week we are joined again by guest-host Eric Prugh to talk about the latest in Star Wars news from Vanity Fair’s May 2017 cover story. Filled with stunning images (shot by the iconic Annie Leibovitz) of the late Carrie Fisher and the rest of Episode VIII’s starring cast, the feature shares new insights into the film from it director and screenwriter Rian Johnson, as well as heart-warming behind-the-scenes memories with Fisher, plus (a little) insight into the franchise’s three new major characters—created by Johnson himself.
In this podcast (listen above), we break down Vanity Fair’s cover story highlights about Episode VIII, as well as Episode IX:
- Confirmation from Johnson about Luke’s whereabouts;
- Insight into the dynamic between Luke and Rey in Episode VIII
- Details on the three new characters in the franchise, including Benicio Del Toro’s “DJ”;
- How Disney’s Kathleen Kennedy keeps all things Star Wars canon—from animation, to video games, to film, and more;
- The glamorous new “Monte Carlo-esque” setting Johnson created for Episode VIII
- Episode IX: How it initially was to have Leia at the forefront, and what Kennedy and team plan to do now;
- BONUS: What Mark Hamill really thinks about his infamous “power converters” line from Episode IV: A New Hope.
Listen to parts 1-17 of our Star Wars Theory Series here or on our SoundCloud!
Other podcasts referenced in this episode:
Have a theory you want to share with us? Tweet us at @Pure_Fandom.
Featured image: Vanity Fair