Supergirl season 2 finale podcast: Season 2, Episode 22, “Nevertheless, She Persisted,” Aired May 12, 2017
We want more. The bottom line is we want more from our heroes and the Arrowverse in general. Yes our heroes should be flawed, and yes they should make mistakes and have problems to deal with, but they shouldn’t be idiots. This season finale was meant to be big and flashy and emotional and heavy, but it instead felt heavy handed, overly dramatic, and contrived.
Supergirl is suffering from the same problems as The Flash, and the easiest way to identify the problem is to say that it feels like they’re being too literal in the translation of comic book ideas into television. In doing so, they’re missing the opportunity to address the flaws and tropes of the comic book genre.
In this podcast we break down:
- How boring superhero slugfests are
- The problems with Supergirl and the Arrowverse at large
- How the SFX budget for this episode was wasted
- How to truly use lead to deal with the Daxamites
- All the setup done for Lena to turn on Kara
- What we want to see from season 3
- The possibility of Calista Flockhart returning as Cat Grant in season 3
- The lessons Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D could teach the Arrowverse teams
Tune in to Supergirl every Monday at 8/7c on The CW, and join us every Wednesday for SuperTalk! Head to Pure Fandom’s podcast hub for more weekly shows on The Walking Dead, Syfy’s Van Helsing, Star Wars and more.
(Featured image: The CW)