Tony Stark is the man.
Whether he’s meeting superheroes for the first time or staring an enemy in the face, Tony Stark has been the comedic center of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for years. Early on, the man doesn’t really take that much seriously. Even as the MCU gets darker, Tony is still a ray of light. So, let’s round up 12 of the best examples of our favorite billionaire’s sense of humor.
1. “Give me a scotch. I’m starving.” (Iron Man)
This one of the more understated Tony Stark quotes that still holds some humor. Tony likes his scotch.
2. “Better clench up, Legolas.” (The Avengers)
Even in the middle of a battle, Tony makes a jab at Hawkeye. The fact that he also referenced Lord of the Rings? Huge plus.
3. “I told you. I don’t want to join your super secret boy band.” (Iron Man 2)
After a long night, Tony meets Nick Fury in a donut shop and restates how uninterested in the Avengers he is. Just wait, buddy. Just wait.
4. “I’m a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster.” (The Avengers)
Oh, Tony. Master of tact and class… not. His greeting for Bruce Banner is unexpected and a little offputting. But, we love him for it.
5. “I loved you in A Christmas Story.” (Iron Man 3)
No one is safe from Tony’s sarcasm, not even kids. When a boy with blonde hair and glasses asks for his autograph, Tony can’t help but make a little joke at the boy’s expense.
6. “Well, performance issues, it’s not uncommon. One out of five…” (The Avengers)
Cheeky as ever. When Loki’s staff doesn’t work after he attempts to brainwash Tony, Tony naturally decides to make fun of the blunder by citing… certain statistics.
7. “Iron Man. That’s kind of catchy. It’s got a nice ring to it. I mean it’s not technically accurate. The suit’s a gold titanium alloy, but it’s kind of provocative, the imagery anyway.” (Iron Man)
Leave it to Robert Downey, Jr. to bring quote to life as Tony discovers what people are calling his suit of armor.
8. “Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?” (The Avengers)
Tony Stark meets a legendary Norwegian god and immediately mocks him. I mean, what else would you do?
9. “‘Mr. Stark displays textbook narcissism’… Agreed.” (Iron Man 2)
At least Tony can be honest about his shortcomings sometimes. This is one of the few Tony Stark quotes where he admits to one of his faults.
10. “So you’re this Spider-ling? Crime-fighting spider? Spider-Boy?” (Captain America: Civil War)
This is one of the best scenes of Civil War, IMO. I loved seeing the interaction of these two characters, and the fact that Tony decided to make fun of Peter a little just goes to show that he likes him.
11. “That man has no regard for lawn maintenance.” (The Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Thor leaves Earth, making a giant scorch mark on the ground that Tony can’t help joking about. It helps ease the tension that was felt the whole movie by a little bit.
12. “…genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.” (The Avengers)
This is the Tony Stark quote to end all Tony Stark quotes. If this wasn’t one of your favorite lines from Avengers, I’m not really sure what to tell you.
What are some of your favorite Tony Stark quotes? Tweet us @purefandom and let us know!
Want more Marvel and Avengers: Endgame theories? Check it out.
The Russo brothers (directors behind the film) have confirmed that the famous Loki theory circling the internet isn’t true, but that doesn’t mean our God of Mischief still couldn’t have survived another way. Take a peek at the theory and let us know your thoughts.
Marvel movies timeline: Here’s the order to watch every Marvel film to get ready for 2019’s Captain Marvel
CNET released a nifty infographic for all of us fans, providing a timeline of each film and the order to watch to prep for the new movies being released. If you’re really wanting to dive into the entire universe, the graphic also shows the TV shows to watch chronologically as well (hey, if you have the time, why not?) See the full infographic here.
(Featured image via ironman.wikia.com)