Supergirl recap: Season 2, Episode 11, “The Martian Chronicles,” Aired Feb. 6, 2017
This episode should have been called, “Martians Everywhere!”
Return of the White Martians
Poor M’gann is in all kinds of trouble tonight! Girl can’t catch a break!
The white martians have come to claim M’gann for the treason she enacted on Mars. One of them isn’t just any white martian — he is her husband! That is right, my Superfans: M’gann is married.
M’gann’s husband is anything but cuddly. He is mean, cold, and out for blood. K’orvar gives her two hours to say her goodbyes. After that, she must go with him to Mars.
J’onn refuses to let Miss Martian go and tells her to stay and fight.
“You are not alone. We will protect you. I will protect you.”
Oh, J’onn, you are so cute!
Speaking of J’onn and his cuteness, what is going on with his feelings? Is he into M’gann? Throughout the episode he makes some suggestive comments about their relationship.
I don’t think I can get on board with that. This would be a huge variation from the comics. M’gann’s cover in the comics is being J’onn’s niece. So, ew.
I’ll be honest, I would ship it if it wasn’t for the comics. Since the comics came first… I don’t think I can. What do you all think?
I have decided the Superfriends all need to go out for drinks after this episode!
- Winn and Kara are barely speaking.
- Kara is mad at Alex for forgetting her Earth birthday. So are we, Kara!
- Kara and Mon-El are playing the world’s longest game of, “Will they? Won’t they?”
They are giving the audience heart palpitations! Thankfully the white martians infiltrate the DEO and force everyone to express their feels.
- Kara is upset she didn’t figure out the martian was perpetrating Winn.
- J’onn declares his… I actually have no idea what J’onn proclaimed! Did he confess his love for her? Did he confess his family love for her? I will get back to you on that.
- Alex told Kara that she likes Mon-El and to put it all out there.
- Kara told Alex she was upset she wasn’t celebrating her birthday with her.
It was a confessional hour, for sure.
They managed to kill the two white martians. All is right with the world. Right? – Sort of!
- M’gann, for some odd reason decides to go to Mars anyways. Idk.
- Alex skips her concert to hang out with Kara. Good Sister.
- Winn goes to help James.
- J’onn stands in sadness.
What did you think of tonight’s episode? Was Kara’s anger at Alex justified? Do you miss Winn and Kara’s playful banter? Do you wish M’gann would have stayed?
No matter what happened tonight, one thing is for sure, Lena Luthor is back next week! Oh, Lena how we missed you!
(Featured Image courtesy of The CW)