Star Wars Theory Series is hosted by Pure Fandom Co-Founder Liz Prugh and her brother Patrick Pochop (talking about Star Wars is one of the only ways she can get him to hang out with her). They frequently have their other two brothers and self-proclaimed Star Wars experts as guest hosts. Each week they break down a new theory, and of course make fun of each other.
This week’s Star Wars Theory Series is talking about the hot news of the week: The name of Episode VIII! Now that fans know the title, The Last Jedi, the web began circling with theories. Liz Prugh, co-founder of Pure Fandom, is joined by her co-host Pat Pochop, as well as two guests hosts, Marty Pochop and Eric Prugh.
In this podcast, we break down the following theories:
- Is Luke “The Last Jedi”? Or, is Rey “The Last Jedi”?
- Is “The Last Jedi” someone completely new that we haven’t met before?
- The Samurai feel: Mark Hamill has said this has a “Samurai” feel to it. We break down what that means.
- How Rey could possibly go to The Dark Side — and why.
- Does “The Last Jedi” mean the last of the community in general? Maybe Luke visited this planet for a reason — was it a Jedi Temple from the Old Republic?
- Old Republic vibes: Fans, we may get the history we’ve been waiting for. Will Darth Plagueis finally tie into the story?
- And more!
Featured image: YouTube