Carl Grimes used to be the victim of countless memes — and not in a good way. The kid never stayed in the godforsaken house, never listened to his parents, and resembled Dark Helmet from Spaceballs with that ridiculous hat of his dad’s on.
But now, he’s grown into his sheriff’s hat, and he’s grown a pair of cojones. Sure, he still pisses us off now and then, but we’ll forever have Carl Grimes’ back. Let’s relive seven of his most badass moments.
1. When he helped deliver his baby sister, Judith.
2. Pudding. All the pudding.
Carl gave zero f**ks when he whipped out that massive can of pudding on that roof while a Walker longingly looked on.
3. When he told Ron his dad was an asshole.
You know you’re messing with a badass when a guy with a gun to your face reminds you that his dad killed yours … and that he was an asshole. (TBH, he was a major asshole.)
4. When he took his one eye like a champ. Babysitting, no problem? He’ll definitely keep an EYE on Judith.
OK, we know that one was bad, but we just had to.
5. When he looked Negan in the EYE (last one, we promise) and didn’t shed a tear.
6. When he STILL didn’t cry when his dad was about to chop his arm off.
7. When he didn’t give AF about Negan’s threats.
He ended up giving in, but only so someone else wouldn’t die. He totally would have shot those guys. The scary thing is … we think Negan respects and likes that. Are we feeling a Negan/Carl storyline on the horizon?
And here’s this, because baby Chandler Riggs was one adorable little dude.
Did we miss any of your favorite badass Carl Grimes moments? Sound off in the comments below!
For more Walking Dead recaps, updates, and GIF posts featuring Daryl being amazing, head into our Dead Zone.