Supergirl recap: Season 2, Episode 6, “Crossfire,” Aired Nov. 14, 2016
Hello, my Superfans!
I have one word for you tonight: #Sanvers! For those of you who have used #Malex, sorry to disappoint. That hashtag is taken. (Look up The O.C., circa, 2004!) Tonight brought all the tears and feels! It wasn’t all emotional; it was also the beginning of Superfriends! You may be familiar with the cartoon Superfriends or the comic of the same name. (Superfriends was the previous name of the Justice League.)
Buckle up, and grab your tissues! Here we go!
Talk about the mother of all crossovers…
The monster from Resident Evil: Apocalypse made a cameo on tonight’s episode of Supergirl! It was nice to see him again. Nemesis had such an unfortunate death on that movie. Have no fear, though; he is making a comeback!
Resident Evil fans can breathe a sigh of relief!
Here are the facts:
- A science team finds a dead wolf in the ice. The dead wolf’s body is still warm. (First Resident Evil, now Game of Thrones!)
- The wolf carries an alien parasite.
- It infects Rudy. Rudy kills everyone.
Who is Rudy? Who cares? We all know we are just biding our time until #Sanvers, Mon-El, or Winn come on screen!
- The DEO picks up an infected Rudy.
- Rudy brings the parasite to National City.
- Rudy becomes the parasite.
- The parasite can suck the life out of whatever it touches.
Strike Two, Mon-El
While the alien is sucking the life out of everyone, Mon-El is drinking with Kara. Yes, I did say drinking.
Thanks to M’gann, Kara and Mon-El can now drink. I am not saying “yay” to drinking, but they deserve one every once in a while!
The two are discussing Mon-El’s job situation. Yes, Mon-El now has a job. Mon-El is a bookie’s muscle.
Strike two, Mon-El! Strike two!
Kara finds out. She is very disappointed in him. Me too, Kara. Me too.
Who loves Winn? Everyone.
Who loves James? It’s 50/50 at this point. James Olsen has his ups and downs; his chemistry with Kara is debatable, at best. James’ leadership at CatCo is to be determined, and Mr. Olsen’s friendship with Winn is 100% genuine!
These two killed it tonight!
- James pushes Winn to finish his suit.
- Winn yells in the manliest of voices, he is no one’s servant! You tell him, Winn!
- James apologizes for being an a**.
- Kara and Hank are out of commission. (Due to the parasite sucking the life out of them.)
- Winn and James have to step-up ahead of schedule!
The monster is still on the loose. Supergirl and Martian Manhunter are down for the count. Who can stop it? The world’s most random team-up: Mon-El, Winn, and The Guardian (James Olsen).
- Mon-El decides to stop being a coward and help. (He is pretty useless.)
- Winn and The Guardian swoop in! I’m not gonna lie, The Guardian has an awesome costume!
- They are able to delay the monster.
- Supergirl wakes up and joins the fight.
- Monster goes down …
… Supergirl and The Guardian meet.
“Who are you?”
James zooms away on his motorcycle!
I know you want to talk about #Sanvers, and so do I. I have decided there is too much to talk about in this article. This week, Alex Danvers came out of the closet! Chyler Leigh made us all cry! Alex was beautiful and heartbreaking. In order to organize all the feels, I will be doing a separate Alex Danvers’ piece. I will dive into her journey. Check back!
Until next time, my Superfans!
Featured Image: The CW