For the record, I would like to rename this movie My Best Friends Emily Blunt & Charlize Theron Absolutely SLAYING It With Some Evil Queen Outfits & Attitudes Alongside a Shirtless Chris Hemsworth and the Fierce AF Jessica Chastain. A bit wordy for a marquee? Probably.
Let’s chat a bit about the trailer, what we know, what we hope, and what we should write in the thank you note to the costume designers.
- There will be no Kristin Stewart resting b**ch face (RBF) this time around. I think that’s partly because this is a prequel to the 2012 film and partly because she would disappear next to all the female powerhouses in this film. Sorry, KStew. I’ll buy you a drink after the next RBF meeting.
2. Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron, Freya the Ice Queen and Ravenna the Evil Queen, respectively, play sisters. Variety reports that Blunt’s character fled her kingdom after a betrayal and can freeze any enemy … hold on.
Moving on, Jessica Chastain (The Warrior) and Chris Hemsworth (The Hunstman) are the Ice Queen’s most trusted warriors who earn her ire when they refuse to harded their hearts to love. Maybe a clue into this ‘betrayal’ that sent her running from home?
Side note: I count three lady leads and one male lead. Beyonce must be producing this.
3. Even if you base it solely on what we saw in the trailer, we are going to see SO MANY great special effects. The first film had some killer ones but, as we know, in technology time, 2012 was a million years ago so expect to see some even better ones this time around.
Also, we see the Evil Queen looking like me after a few too many glasses of red wine.
- There’s gonna be some bada** magic, a bada** war, a bada** mirror and it’s probably going to be cold because of there is an actual Ice Queen and, well, winter is in the title.
- This movie is going to be hella fun. It comes out April of 2016 so, rewatch The Hunstman a few times and get ready for some Hemsworth action.
And Emily Blunt making a casual entrance on a polar bear. Because of course she would.