(Image credit: mtv.com)
Even rarer than humans in Beacon Hills, are details about the upcoming season of MTV’s Teen Wolf. Despite an hour-long panel, a villain teaser, new character information, and an actual trailer, I’d be hard pressed to define what Teen Wolf’s Season five is going to be about. Terrifying doctors? Lydia going insane in Eichen House? Stiles in danger? Sure, but WHY? What is happening?! Scott, we need your wolvy senses, STAT.
All in all, we still don’t know much, but you know what? That’s okay! Being in the dark will only make the new episodes all the more intense. Unlike, say, the spoilerific lead-up to Season three. This is a metaphorical “being in the dark” by the way, when the new season does start to air, I’ll be watching with all the lights on and a baseball bat within easy reach.
That being said, teasing is fun and we do have some more details thanks to articles and events from the last few weeks. Here are a couple of spoilers (none of them major) that have popped up recently:
- According to a few tweets, episode 5×01: ‘Creatures of the Night’, was screened a week ago by (lucky) TV critics.
Popping in the #TeenWolf Season 5 premiere. Non-spoilery reaction tweets to come…
— Andy Swift (@AndySwift) May 29, 2015
And I’m crying. Damn you, #TeenWolf season five premiere!
— tierney bricker (@tbrick2) May 29, 2015
— Amanda M. Steiner (@amandamichl) May 28, 2015
Crying, screaming, flailing, “OMG-ing”… a typical Teen Wolf premiere, then! And if you do want to know more, you’ll find five teasers from the premiere right here. Apparently we need to “Pray for Stiles”… buddy, at this point, I have a whole temple dedicated to Stiles.
- Last week, a full press release with new character biographies was revealed. While we don’t learn much more about what awaits our regular characters, we do get a little more information about the new ones, namely Theo and Hayden.
HAYDEN ROMERO (Victoria Moroles) – Starting her sophomore year, Hayden never expected Liam, her grade-school enemy, to step back into her life. Now she has to juggle work, school, a sister in the Sheriff’s department, and the vengeance she seeks against Liam.
THEO RAEKEN (Cody Christian) – Theo never thought he’d ever return to Beacon Hills. When he learned that Scott McCall, his grade-school friend, was not only a werewolf, but a True Alpha, Theo knew that the time was right to come home to find a pack. When Theo seeks out Scott, he’s automatically considered an outsider by Stiles. Now Theo must prove to Scott and the rest of the pack that he’s worthy of their trust as well as their friendship.
What. The. Hell. Happened in grade-school?! Petition to get a Pre-Tween Wolf spin-off including but not limited to: Scott & Stiles: Origins, New Girl (the Ally A story), The Malia Tate Cold Case, and The Lahey Family Diaries!
- Moving on, guess who was featured in Entertainment Weekly’s summer preview?!
Expect lots of gore, stunts and “ninja powers” from season five. Unrelated but apparently the object of Posey’s affections, more often than not, is Dylan.
Just picture Phoebe singing “Those sticky shooooes” for full effect, that’s what these guys did.
It’s okay Tyler, we get confused between fiction and real life, too.
Additionally, Lydia will be kissing someone new this season! Methinks it’ll be a certain risen-from-the-ashes Deputy. Then again, Jeff Davis mentioned during the Paleyfest panel that “Lydia may not end up with the person you think she does at first.” So, it’s anyone’s guess, really.
- Thanks to a Hypable exlusive, we now know that episode 5×02 will be entitled “Parasomnia,” a state that is oddly reminiscent of what Stiles went through during 3B—minus the crazy fox spirit possessing him, that is.
“Category of sleep disorders in which abnormal events occur during sleep, such as sleepwalking or talking; due to inappropriately timed activation of physiological systems.”
Anticipating what might happen to Teen Wolf faves is like being in a constant state of “I can’t handle them being hurt but I can’t WAIT to see it happen”. Which, well …
What’s more, remember the terrible, awful, “I’m too scared to ever get sick again” doctors from the teaser and trailer? According to Jeff Davis, their cute little nickname is the “Dread Doctors,” in case you were still on the fence about their evilness.
Dread Doctors of Doom, more like.
- Yesterday, Tyler Posey, Shelley Hennig, Holland Roden and Russel Mulcahy were at the ATX Television Festival in Austin. While the panel covered Teen Wolf in general and not merely season 5, we did learn that Tyler Posey will be hosting Wolf Watch this summer, replacing Jill Wagner. More importantly, Shelley revealed she wants Malia to be a prison guard later, which works perfectly with her wishing Malia would make an appearance on Orange Is The New Black!
- Finally, there’s a new, eerie Scott promo entitled “Something has changed.” But somehow, I doubt this is the same kind of “change,” so watch if you dare!
Until June 29th, then …