(all photos property HBO)
Season 5, Episode 1, “The Wars to Come,” Aired Apr 12, 2015
HBO’s Game of Thrones finally returned, and the season five premiere gave us everything we could have ever wanted. Save for Arya and the Bolton’s (ew!), we caught up with every single character for a look into their current situations. Here’s what’s going on with everyone right now:
– Tyrion made it safely to Pentos with Varys.
– Cersei is still insistent upon not marrying Ser Loras Tyrell and Loras is still insistent on sleeping with men and not hiding it.
– Margaery is obviously plotting and scheming to rid King’s Landing of Cersei.
– Sansa is still hanging out with Baelish (Littlefinger) who’s now the sole guardian of Robin.
– Podrick encourages Brienne to focus her energy on finding Sansa … as Sansa unknowingly rolls past in a carriage.
– Daenerys is struggling to make tough decisions in Meereen in light of some of the Unsullied being mysteriously murdered.
– Jon Snow tries to convince Mance Rayder to kneel to Stannis … and yeah, we’ll get to that in a minute.
Here are the four most important/badass moments from the season premiere episode.